Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vacation Pictures!

I posted 82 pictures from vacation on Facebook . . . and realized that was waaaay too many for one blog post!  Here are the highlights from our trip North:

We went to DeeDee and Jason's wedding and it was absolutely gorgeous!  Unfortunately my camera battery died when we arrived in Orange (can you believe it?!) So we didn't get very many pictures.  I'm looking forward to seeing the professional pictures from the wedding because everything was so picturesque and the details were to die for.
The gorgeous glowing bride!


There was a long break between the ceremony and the reception so we met up with Christy and Andy at Barboursville for some wine tasting:
Best self-pic ever.

We headed to Ocean City, MD next to stay a few days at Justin's family's condo.  We squeezed in some OC musts while we were there:
Thrashers fries.  Justin said he has been dreaming about them ever since.
Boardwalk baby rides
Lila loved the mirrors in the condo!

Grove Market - amazing as always!
 Lila turned 10 months old while were there - and she was not cooperating for her pictures.  In fact, she was being quite the daredevil:




Lila LOVES the ocean!




I won scrabble for the first time ever:

OC lifeguard stand pics:




Lila with her Granny and Grampa
 We left Ocean City and stopped in Chincoteague for the day on our way to Nags Head.  Neither of us had ever been, and I just re-read "Misty of Chincoteague" earlier this year so I felt like we had to go.  It was so much fun!
Had lunch at Woody's Beach BBQ - it was great!
Lila liked the horses from a distance (Misty's relatives)

But not up close.
With Misty!  A bit strange . . . but kind of cool!
 We took the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to Nags Head (another first!)


Some pictures from Nags Head:





Sharing her sweet potatoes with Daddy
Lila had me up at sunrise on several occasions - can't be too mad when the view looks like this!
I vant to pump you up!

Hilarious.

Lila and Uncle Jack
Great pic!
Lila and Paw Paw
Fun with her uncles 
Sand beard!  She did not think it was as funny as the rest of us did . . .
 The last day we were there I recruited my mom to take some family photos for us - I am so happy with how they turned out!  I'm planning on framing them for our hallway soon!







And lastly, Lila's cute little feet on the airplane home!

No comments:

Post a Comment