Wednesday, September 12, 2012

3 weeks to go!

We are officially three weeks out from our due date of October 3 . . .
and the bag for the hospital is packed!


I received some awesome advice from my great friend and mom-of-two, Erin, about what to pack for the hospital.  Like the pregnancy and our baby registry, we have found it best to "keep it simple!" and Erin's advice was no different.  We also live ten minutes away from the hospital, so if we forget something crucial, it is no big deal to retrieve it. 

Our current plan for the big day - Plan A and Plan B
Plan A (Justin is not at work) 
1. We gather up the couple of items we can't pack just yet (wallets, cell phones, etc) and head to the hospital. 
2. We call my parents to give them the heads up so they can get their own butts in gear. 
3. After I'm checked in, we call my parents (and Justin's) to confirm that it's really happening, and we call Grandad and Pauline in Vero to come take care of Sandy.

Plan B (Justin is at work!)
1. I call Justin frantically. :) 
2. He heads home (driving a safe speed) and I gather up the couple of items we can't pack yet and we head to the hospital. 
3. Pick up on step 2 above.

3 comments:

  1. I love your plan! I have a friend who just had a baby and we hung out the night befor she was induced. She had a list of stuff that she needed to pick up on the way to the hospital .a..it just said wine...Evidentally they will let y of take wine for toasting after the birth ....haviing a baby is sounding better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha we have a bottle of champagne waiting in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about plan c if your out in public and your water breaks?? lol cant wait to see baby watts!! anticipation is killing me! & your friend is right keep it simple i packed sooo much for hailey and didnt touch barely any of it also they provide diapers and wipes at the hospital and bottles etc so you dont need any of that either

    ReplyDelete