Thursday, July 25, 2013

Curtains for Lila . . . and we're off again!

I have similar feelings about curtains as I do about rugs.  They are just not my cup of tea . . . especially the idea of patterned curtains.  But it was becoming clear that Lila's room needed a little extra darkening for those daytime naps.  Of course I hit up Pinterest first to see what I could make with my Brother BFF . . . but also decided I would look at Marshalls, Ross and TJMaxx to see what I could come up with.  The Teej, as always, did not disappoint:

I present to you . . . Lila's curtains!  And boy, do they have a PATTERN!


A pattern, I might add, makes me smile whenever I go in her room!  It was such a surprise to me that I would like something like this because I usually only like my patterns on accent pieces like pillows or art.

We also rearranged her room for those of you familiar with the old layout.  We moved her crib as far away from the door as possible so that we don't have to worry that every little sound might wake our little "Princess and the Pea" up.
As you can see, Lila is digging this new layout too.
The dresser is where the crib used to be.  Of course, I had to move the art around too!
And now for all of you Lila addicts, some recent pictures!  She is obsessed with pulling the books off her little book rack and putting them on the floor these days:


She does it dressed or undressed.  No preference. 
I wish I could say she spends hours doing this.  More like 5 seconds so I could snap the pic.
We were playing with her "tissue" box and I tied one of her hankies around her head.  So precious.

LOVE!
We are off to Virginia tomorrow for DeeDee's wedding - so excited!  And then we are going to Ocean City, Chincoteague and Nags Head for a real vacation!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment