Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Belated Housewarming Party

When Justin and I first moved to Oak Ridge Drive, we actually went to a neighborhood party thrown by some neighbors that had built a new house at the end of our street.  We knew that we wanted to eventually have everyone over to our place as well, and as our one year anniversary in the house approached, we realized it was a great time to do just that.

I purchased some fill-in-the-blank invitations at Target, and wasn't really satisfied with them.  Before I even opened the packages, I decided to check Pinterest for some housewarming invitation ideas.  I found this amazing idea of using a paint chip card and it was actually really easy to put together once I decided on fonts and got my word document the right size.




 After I sent out the invitations, I had 30 neighbors and friends RSVP "yes," and I started to get a little stressed . . . I spent all last week cleaning the house and planning the menu.  It came together really well and I decided to carry the paint chip theme and make garland to hang:


 It was soooo easy.  I just cut up the paint chip cards and ran them through the sewing machine (another fabulous Pinterest idea).  It took me all of a half hour to make the garlands.  When I was showing my mom via Facetime, she asked if I cleaned out the Home Depot.  Truthfully, I had a giant folder of paint chips that I had collected over the years, so I didn't even have to get any new ones.  Yes, that's a lot of paint chips.




Lila getting ready with Great-Grandma
 Justin took some great pictures before the party started:



Lila with the great-Grandmas


 We didn't take any pictures with our camera during the party, but luckily our realtor Rick snapped a few pics with his phone!




Trying the 2 baby thing . . . those girls are heavy!  (Lila's friend Ellie is on the right)


We had a wonderful time with our neighbors and friends, and I think my favorite part of the whole thing was that people actually sat in the sunroom and the sitting area by the piano (parts of our house that sadly rarely get used!).  Lila was a little reticent with all of the strangers, but she also slept the first 45 minutes of the party so that was good.  If you like the paint chip stuff, just go on Pinterest and search "Paint chip crafts."  The results are endless!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I am totally going to use this Paint Chip Idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete