Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pinterest Success!

Some readers may not know what Pinterest is, so here's a brief synopsis taken from their website:

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. 

The first couple of days after I joined Pinterest, I spent way too much time on there.  Now I just make it a point to check it once a day to see if there is anything good.  Unfortunately, I'm also a bit of a lazy pinner.  I just look at other people's pins and click on "Like" to save them for later.  I'm working on that.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you the two "pins" that I've actually tried (out of dozens and dozens that I've clicked "Like" on . . .)

The first was a DIY dry erase board from www.jenthousandwords.com.
While I wasn't looking for a daily dry erase calendar, I realized that the idea would be perfect as a menu board in the kitchen.  Why would I need a menu board?  Oh yeah, because I'm the huge nerd that plans dinners for the week before I go to the grocery store.  It saves you a ton of time and money, by the way!  I'm also guilty of forgetting what I am supposed to be making for dinner once Wednesday rolls around and I used to keep our menu on little scrap pieces of notebook paper that I would inevitably misplace.

I didn't get as fancy as the ones above.  I bought simple black frames at Michael's and craft paper that I thought would go well in our house.  I didn't get any special stickers, I just wrote MTW etc. in my own handwriting with the dry erase marker.

Here's what I ended up with:

As you can see, I don't really feel like cooking every night being 36 weeks pregnant.  Hence, the leftovers.  And the crock pot.



I also decided that having just a plain dry erase board for us to make notes on would be helpful as well.  This one has been awesome because Justin actually looks at it!  The top section has notes for myself, the middle section has notes for the both of us, and the bottom section has notes for Justin.

The life of a homeowner.  So exciting.
This was a super easy project as long as you have a ruler and either a paper cutter or a steady hand with scissors.  We've been using them for the past month and half and we love them!

The other pin that I tried out was a recipe this past weekend for pumpkin pie french toast.  Since October is my "birth month" (and possibly baby Watts' birth month if he/she doesn't arrive too early!), I love all things pumpkin.  And yes, the recipe was as delectable as it sounds and very easy to make!

 

 Pumpkin Pie French Toast from Closet Cooking

That's my experience with Pinterest thus far.  I've "liked" about a dozen more pumpkin recipes, so I'll let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment