Thursday, October 20, 2011

All Good Things "Must" Come to an End?

We are having fall weather down here!  It's 62 degrees right now with a chilly breeze - perfect for sleeping with the windows open.   We just got back from walking Sandy and someone nearby had a fire going - it smelled and felt just like my birth month should.

Which lead me to wonder if anyone was feeling like October was missing something this month?  Perhaps you just didn't realize that you're feeling that way because you hadn't received my annual invitation to my blowout birthday bash?  My birthday is now four days away, and I can't help but feel sentimental about the amazing times I had with all of you over the past six years.

Let's take a walk down memory lane:
My 23rd birthday started with cocktails at my apartment in Rosslyn, followed by a crazy night out in Georgetown at Third Edition.  This was also the weekend Christy and I went to see Death Cab (with Stars as the opening act!) at 9:30 Club.  Hands down best Death Cab show I've been to!


One of the first times we hung out!  Who knew back then we would end up married?

My 24th birthday was equally as fabulous - as Justin whisked me off for a weekend in NYC:




And we had a fun drunken night in Adams Morgan with friends:


Next up: my 25th birthday - Justin took me to see Stars at 9:30 Club, and we started the tradition of the pumpkin carving/chili eating with friends.
Before all of us "W's" lived in Florida!
From the looks of Melissa in the picture, the move to Florida couldn't have happened quick enough!






Can you believe we're only on 26?  We continued the tradition of pumpkin carving and adding some Skins game watching - plus we did dinner out at Guarapo and a night out in Arlington:





A new tradition began with 27 . . . a big dinner out at Dolce Vita and karaoke at Patriot's Cafe afterwards = magical birthday times!






And last year, I had another fabulous birthday blowout - dinner at The Majestic and more karaoke at Flying Fish in Old Town Alexandria:





So basically, if you have been wondering why it doesn't quite feel like October . . . it's because we're all missing out on celebrating my birth month.  I miss you all so much!

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment