Monday, November 25, 2013

November Updates

Yes, I have been a slacker this month on the blog!  Feels like the month just flew by!  This is the first year that I decorated for "fall."  I always go all out for Halloween and Christmas, and November feels pretty boring sandwiched in between them, so I decided to tackle some "pinspirations!"

 I was all excited at the beginning of the month when I made this "Give Thanks" scene on the piano.  Of course, since Thanksgiving is so late this year, my cream colored spray painted pumpkins didn't make it . . . and I waited until they started to rot to take a pic.  Oh well!

This is what I ended up with for Thanksgiving week:

We also have a pretty little Thanksgiving scene on the foyer table:

And I moved my Give banner over to the beach fence, added a new Thanks, and Lila and I started writing some of the people and things we are thankful for this morning:

I also used the crates from Lila's first birthday to make this pretty centerpiece for the dining room table:

 And to round it all out, a pine cone garland for the mantle:

It's fair to say I've been busy crafting instead of blogging!  I have also been chasing Lila around!  Here are some pictures from IKEA earlier this month:




At the playground with Mama and Dada:





And spending time in the front yard with Sandy:

She loves to "water" the plants out front:


And a couple of adorable shots from her Yay for Turkey Day play date last Friday:



We also celebrated Grandad's 86th birthday with dinner at Cafe Coconut Cove:

We are looking forward to a pretty relaxing Thanksgiving at home with Grandad and Pauline as our only guests!  I'm happy to say I have my Christmas shopping list complete, and I'm about halfway through buying everything . . .

I've also been thinking about the upcoming year and what kind of resolutions I want to set.  I picked these up at the library today:

We'll see how this turns out!  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment