Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lila's First Food!

Lila ate her first "solids" this week!

For the past month, I have been giving her "tastes" of mashed up sweet potatoes because that's something I eat for lunch every day.  It wasn't until yesterday that she acted truly interested and actually ingested it!  (Usually she just spit it out on her bib).  I decided it was high time to get the Baby Bullet out and make some baby food!

I washed everything up - aren't the little faces too cute?!



I whipped up purees of sweet potato, banana and peas this morning.  It only took me 15 minutes!

I also whipped up some steamed zucchini puree this afternoon and that took about 20 minutes including the steam time.  I ended up with 19 servings of baby food!  

I gave Lila some sweet potato puree midday and she gobbled it up!  (Sorry for the bad pic, she was moving all around because she was so excited!)

In other news, she is almost sitting up by herself!  She has definitely mastered the "prop and lean."

This is what I call her "Jack Nicholson" hair.

See the resemblance?

And apparently she isn't the only baby with hair similarities to Jack.  When I googled "Jack Nicholson crazy hair" a bunch more babies showed up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment