Thursday, June 23, 2011

You can't go back again . . . unless it's Body Jam

As much as I wanted to say goodbye to certain times in my life, I realized that you really can't go back again.  My night in Georgetown with two of my favorite girlfriends DD and Merf turned out to be nothing like our glory days of 2005.  When Georgetown flopped, we headed to Adams Morgan only to witness the biggest hipster invasion I've ever seen.  Really, ladies of DC?  Dressing like pilgrims? Bar crawling in Harrisonburg with Sarah didn't have the same allure as when we were undergraduates . . . although that was less surprising.  It is Harrisonburg, after all.  Going to Chipotle one last time just gave me a 24 hour stomachache so I should be happy that there isn't one within 30 miles of Melbourne, right?

There was, however, one thing that was completely worth saying good-bye to: Body Jam at Gold's Gym with Lisa as an instructor.  That class is the MOST FUN you will ever have working out.  If you grew up going to dance class or were part of a dance team, you will LOVE this class.  It's all routine based and the music is awesome.  If you are a member of Gold's Gym, go to the Fairfax Station location on Wednesdays at 6:30 to experience it.  Even better, the routine Lisa is currently doing includes one of my favorites - a contemporary rock number to Rage Against the Machine.  I was so happy that something I wanted to say goodbye to hadn't changed at all!

Today I'm off to the apartment to finish up the last 4-5 boxes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment