Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome to the new blog!

If you are reading this blog, then you undoubtably know that Justin and I are moving to Melbourne, Florida!  I, of course, am always looking for an excuse to write, especially about myself . . . so here we are.  We leave in our 16 foot Penske truck this Saturday morning with Sandy sitting between us and towing the Versa behind us.  My hopes for this blog are not only to keep in touch with our family and friends, but to also share our experiences of living in a new state!  For those of you still unsure of where Melbourne is, check out the map below!

The past two weeks have been full of goodbyes for me, which has not been easy.  I have said goodbye to the amazing staff and students at Stuart, my Book Club girls, my friends from student teaching, JMU friends, and friends from high school.  Justin really had it easy when he left five and half weeks ago - we had a great night with many of our friends at our favorite place, Clare n Don's, and then he took off and started our new life without me!  While he's been gone, I have been experiencing what seems like "The Longest Goodbye."  I will miss all of your dearly, and I hope you enjoy following us on my new blog.  More updates to come!



[Photo: www.bestplaces.net]

1 comment:

  1. L, I had no idea you blogged! I have kept one for years. It's Tara from MHS-- you were my longterm sub! Check me out, if you like!

    ReplyDelete