Monday, October 31, 2011

29th Birthday . . . celebrated 29 ways

Okay, so I'm exaggerating a bit on how many celebrations there actually were - but it seems like that many!  First of all, thank you to everyone that made my birth month amazing as always!  Although there was no karaoke this year, there was also no shortage in birthday love.

The birthday celebrations actually started quite early this year with June and Ralph - we celebrated both mine and June's birthdays when Justin and I were up the first time in the middle of October. 

They continued the following weekend when I went out to dinner at Artie's with my parents and brothers - delicious!  I love that place.  My mom also spoiled me with everything pumpkin under the sun - pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin roll, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies . . . even a pumpkin face mask from Bath and Body Works (which by the way, I am so psyched that they are making again.  They used to make it 10 years ago and stopped . . . so I was ecstatic to find it on the shelves again.  Go buy it, now.  Your face will thank you after!)

Me and Jack

Chad, me, and Jack

Can you tell we're happy to see each other?

Shelby, Mom, me and Marley on my actual birthday - silly dogs!
I was also very excited that my mom bequeathed to me one of her paintings that I've had my eye on - it was hanging in the Sound House (in the porch bathroom) and thankfully survived Hurricane Irene! 

I also had a "birthday first" at Joe and Maureen's after party - a bunch of Brits and other fabulous people (like Lauren Rash) wishing me "Happy Birthday" at 12:00 midnight!

I flew back to Florida on my birthday and returned home to find flowers from my Mom - she really does spoil me, doesn't she?


Justin and I celebrated when I returned by going to hands down THE BEST restaurant in Brevard County.  It's called Scott's on 5th in Indialantic and the food was to die for!  The ambiance was the best, too. 

I have to tell you about the dessert we had - pumpkin praline pie with ice cream on top - OMG!  O. M. G.  It was the best dessert I've ever eaten in my life.  Indescribable.  Wish I had taken a picture.

The birthday celebrating came to a close this past Saturday when we had Grandad and Pauline over for dinner.  I made one of our favorite Martha recipes: Chicken and Dumplings (it was overcast down here, and comfort food was in order!)  Here's the recipe!  I will let you know that I have tweaked it though.  I usually buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up, and I add about 2 more cups chicken broth. 

Pauline and Grandad also came bearing some amazing gifts:
Pauline made this "Blue Spotted Cornetfish" herself from a piece of driftwood she found!

This fabulous vintage Florida trivet used to be in my great-grandma Barringer's house in Salisbury, NC

Had to include a picture of Pauline's equally fabulous wrapping!  She really does put Martha to shame.
I would have to say that year 29 is off to a wonderful start!

No comments:

Post a Comment