Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beach Treasures and our Couch Day 2

After dinner this evening, Justin and I drove down to the beach for a walk.  It was so gorgeous at sunset/dusk - big purple and pink clouds and the ocean was glassy and smooth.  We found some beach treasures:
Click on the picture to make it bigger in a new screen to really check these out!
Clockwise from left:
Surf wax
red sponge
not sure about the reedy looking thing
"sea turtle"
ark shell with a single, circular borehole that was likely eaten by a predatory gastropod
incongruous ark with groove marks most likely made from polychaete worms like polydorids, made by the acids they excrete
sheepswool sponge

I found all of this out from the Florida's Living Beaches - such a cool book!  Sadly, I still have not found my first piece of sea glass since moving here.  I am headed to the beach tomorrow though!

Pauline and I also made great progress on the couch - check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment