Monday, June 9, 2014

Being Lila's Mom

It's my job and I love it - being Lila's mom.  She is a hilarious, sweet, and sometimes very stubborn little girl.  I've actually taken a few pictures this week like I used to - quickly grabbing a camera when the moment strikes - and sometimes those are my favorite pictures of her!

We were headed out for a family walk Sunday night with her baby, when she decided she also needed her "purse" and a bracelet.


She'll be a teenager before I know it! Gah!

Outta my way Dad and Sandy!

And she's off!

It's really hard to get her to smile for the camera.  But lately, she has learned the word "happy" and knows you smile when you're happy.  So I told her to give me a "happy" face.  What resulted was the cutest!  Unfortunately she moved her arms, so it's a little blurry.  But there is so question that's a happy face!







































I also feel like one of my responsibilities as Lila's mom is helping her dreams come true.  And right now, this little 20 month old dreams of being Mary Poppins . . .

 Yes, these are the official umbrella and carpet bag that Disney sells.  I couldn't resist!
 And yes, I am sewing her a Poppins hat and costume this week.
 Yep, I put a measuring tape in her carpet bag.  She knows exactly what it's for!
I just love her!  All a part of the job description - the best job I have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment