Thursday, September 6, 2012

100th post!

www.jazznowseattle.com
I couldn't believe it myself when I saw our number of posts climb in the high 90s and I realized that the 100th post would be here.  Maybe I could have planned something special or extravagant if I had been paying attention.

Instead, I just wanted to thank everyone who has been reading the blog!  I have gotten so much positive feedback over the past 14 months - which is why I'm even writing this 100th post today.  It's been an awesome hobby and creative outlet for me.  I've been writing stories and in journals forever . . . I got a typewriter for Christmas in 2nd grade (nerd alert!) and that was my first foray into "publishing." 

I have to admit there were times when I felt like giving up on the blog.  Especially about three weeks ago when I accidentally deleted about 150 images from the beginning of the blog . . . I'm still working on putting those back in.  I learned that with the free Blogger service, you only get 1G of storage from PicasaWeb.  I thought that I could just delete some of the older photos to download new ones . . . should have done my research before I clicked delete!  But I also learned that if the images are 800x800 resolution, they don't count as your 1G of storage, so I found a way to resize the images before I upload them.  An extra step, but crucial because I'm not ready to pay for extra storage if I don't need to!

I've also contemplating buying the domain wattsinflorida.com, but haven't been able to commit.  To be honest, if I ever decide to monetize this blog and make it a real thing, I'm not sure wattsinflorida is the name I'll keep.  I'm open to suggestions because inspiration has not struck!

I do hope that all of this eventually turns into me taking my writing more seriously.  I've always said that I'm going to write a book, and life has always been in the way.  Even though I know that I will have my hands full with baby, I am also hoping that once I do adjust to being a mom and find that quiet time during the time (baby napping!) that I will finally sit down and start that book.

The question is, what will I write about?  I've tossed around so many ideas over the years . . .
1. I could go the nonfiction route with a financial guide for young(ish) people?
2  I could go the memoir route with the tales of my hilarious (and sometimes so sad you have to laugh) dating life before finally reconnecting with Justin.  After all, I am the girl who a certain high school boy broke up with because I had a "laissez-faire attitude towards life." 
3. I could go the children's book route - and luckily I have a super talented artistic mom who could be my illustrator.
3. Or I could go the fiction/novel route - and who knows where that would lead me? 

Mark Twain said, "Write what you now."  For now, I'm doing that on the blog and we'll see where that eventually leads.  Either way, thank you all so much for reading and for your positivity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment