Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our 10 Favorite Comedies

I decided that I can't do a top 10 because I feel like many people will say "What about  . . . ?"  You forgot  . . . !"  "How could you *ing possibly leave out . . . ?!" So instead, Justin and I compiled a list of our 10 favorite comedies.

How did we decide on the list?  We talked about two factors: the ability to watch it over and over and still find it hilarious and the ability to quote it over and over and still find it hilarious.  So here's our list!

10. I Love You, Man
The ultimate in bromance . . . Jason Segal and Paul Rudd are the perfect pair.  "Slapping the bass, mon!"

9. Wedding Crashers
I felt like Vince Vaughn needed a spot in the top 10, and this is by far my favorite film with him in it. He really steals the show from Owen Wilson.  The supporting cast is amazing - Christopher Walken, Jane Seymour, Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher, Bradley Cooper.  Just funny all around!

8. Get Him to the Greek
This is kind of a sleeper comedy - not too many people have seen it.  We haven't laughed so hard in a long time - P. Diddy is sooooooo funny in his movie!  We loved it.

7. Grandma's Boy
Another sleeper - but anyone who has seen it, absolutely loves it.  Justin and I love Nick Swardson's character, as well as David Joel Moore's character, J.P. "You can't see me!" (Robot voice).  This is a Happy Madison production, so it also stars Adam Sandler's go-to guys: Allen Covert and Peter Dante.

6. Anchorman
The quotes are endless!  "It's called jogging.  The j is silent."  "It smells like a used diaper full of Indian food!"  "I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal."
Will Ferrell's best movie, hands down. 


5. Superbad
McLovin alone made this movie one of our top 10.  And I love Michael Cera's weird sense of humor - he has awesome delivery.  The entire scene with the cops - Bill Hader and Seth Rogen - is classic.


4. Joe Dirt
As previously mentioned in this blog . . . how can you not LOVE this movie?  You can't help but laugh at all of the pratfalls Joe experiences on his way to reconnect with his one true love, Brandy.  My favorite: when he thinks he found an astroid and it turns out to be a big turd . . . he totally dipped his french fries into ketchup on that thing!



3. Wayne's World
One of the most quotable movies of all time . . . and a cameo with Alice Cooper.  There's no contest.  It also makes it acceptable to enjoy the song "Dreamweaver" when it comes on the radio.



2. Billy Madison

I'm pretty sure I can recite this entire movie line to line from start to end.  It's rare that a day goes by where I don't quote something from this movie.  It always applies!  I love this movie so much, that I really need to buy this shirt:

www.cafepress.com
"Those are z's."


1. Zoolander
"Well, I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "Wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career.""
Ben Stiller is soooooo funny in this movie - and I think Owen Wilson's Hansel is one of his best roles.  Plus the Billy Zane cameos, Will Ferrell as the evil Mugatu, and Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood as Meekus, who sadly, dies in a freak gasoline fight accident . . . it all adds up to the funniest movie ever!
According to imdb.com, there is a Zoolander 2 in the works . . .


*Honorable mention: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation*
Other holiday movies really cannot compare.  Classic.

That ends our list, and you may all start disagreeing now.  But remember, these are just our favorite comedies.  If anything, maybe you found your next Netflix rental!

1 comment:

  1. Im gonna need you to see Bridesmaids and then take another look at this list...

    ReplyDelete