Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Irony - 1, Lauren - 0.

I had a GREAT idea for a blog post recently which I thought I would entitle:

"An Open Letter to L.L. Bean."  Here is what I had in mind:

Dear L.L. Bean,
I was quite surprised to receive your catalog in my mailbox today.  Especially when I saw the cover:


I immediately checked the back of the catalog to verify that you did send this particular catalog to the sunny and warm state of Florida:
While I can't speak for all Floridians, it seems like you could probably just send us a foldable flyer type of mailing alerting us to the "Winter Warmth" available on your website. (See Ann Taylor Loft or Express for examples of such mailings).  And while I consider myself to be a green person, that's not even why I want you to save paper.  I just want to rub in to all of my friends and family in Virginia that I will not be needing such items!

I hope you take the time to consider my request.

Best,
Lauren Watts
Melbourne, FL

I'm sure you are wondering where the irony kicks in.  When I went to take the above photos, I happen to look to the right of my address on the back of the catalog:

Irony you win again!  You always do!

p.s. I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of any winter clothes yet!

1 comment:

  1. if it makes you feel any better, our coldest day last year was around -17 with the wind chill. so you still have one up on Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete